We hope this finds you and your family healthy and well. We wanted to let you know that we are diligently preparing for your arrival at The Vein Institute, including extra precautions. For your convenience, we have listed below a helpful guide of what to expect at your visit, and how The Vein Institute plans to ensure your safety:
- If you have had a recent fever, symptoms (shortness of breath, fever, cough), or close sick contacts, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- There will be no visitors allowed to accompany you. Your loved ones or friends may wait in the car or drop you off/pick you up. If comfortable, you are welcome to drive yourself to your appointment.
- Upon arrival in the parking lot, please call our office at 585-467-VEIN (8346) to “virtually check-in”. This is to ensure that there are no other patients checking in simultaneously. If needed, we will ask you to remain in your car and await our phone call to proceed.
- Once directed, you may enter through our main entrance and check-in at the reception area. Please wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- At check in, we will ask you a few questions in a brief confidential assessment to confirm that you have not recently had a fever or symptoms.
- Following your check-in, a staff member will bring you directly back to a private exam room, as our waiting room will currently be closed for your safety.
- In the exam room, please prepare for extra precautions to be taken. This may include staff wearing masks, face shields, gloves, and sterile gowns when necessary.
- Your temperature will be taken by a “touchless” thermometer prior to proceeding. If your temperature is normal, you will then be asked to change into a gown and slippers, and place your belongings in a new plastic bag (this will be provided to you).
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be maintained during your consultation with the staff and providers.
- At the completion of your appointment, you will be directed to check-out to settle any outstanding co-pays or to schedule another appointment.
- Once complete, you will then be directed to a separate door to exit the office. This is to minimize any interactions with other patients.
- Please know that all rooms, surfaces, and equipment will be cleaned thoroughly after each encounter for everyone's safety.
- If you test positive for COVID within one week after your appointment, please call our office to let us know.
We look forward to seeing you and ensuring a safe and positive experience!
The Vein Institute